Coronavirus Update – Pathways Operations in April
Livestream and Virtual Gatherings Only
This week Governor Hogan issued a stay-at-home order and offered expanded instructions for commercially “nonessential” businesses in response to COVID-19 (coronavirus); that does include churches, so we want to update Pathways operational information for our church family and friends. Some is new, some updated, and some are repeated information from earlier announcements.
Until further notice Pathways will NOT be open for our Sunday worship, Sunday School or other meetings (all partner organizations included). Both Federal and State governments have noted small exceptions for necessary operations, but the Church Office is CLOSED to regular business. The Church Staff continues to work from home and hold meetings through various online platforms and conference calls. Their normal church email addresses are still the best way to reach the staff.
Churches are still permitted to provide online services. We strongly encourage our members make use of our livestream (at PathwaysBC.org); we are blessed with technological capabilities so that our pastors and musicians can minister to you live (or with recorded segments) even if not in person. Past services are also available On Demand on our website for your convenience. Our Deacons, Elders, and other Ministry Teams are continuing to minister in a variety of ways:
· Student Ministry provides a number of virtual gatherings being coordinated by Pastor Jonathan () and his team.
· Children’s Ministry materials and ideas are being provided to parents by Minister Silvia Mendes at Reach out to her for suggestions and guidance..
· Several adult Sunday School classes are meeting virtually, as well as our online seminar “Behold Your Messiah.” Contact Pastor Paula ( ) with any questions.
· Using safety guidelines and precautions, our Deacons are coordinating to provide comfort and community during this crisis. We encourage mutual congregational care through phone check-ins with other members and friends. Please notify Kath ( ) or Pastor Eddie ( ) if you have a need or request we can share with the Deacons.
· Pastor Clark recorded a brief instructional video explaining how to give online. It is posted on our website and will occasionally play as part of our livestream. Members can also contact Kelly Durr ( ) for help with recurring giving; your support is so appreciated!
· PLEASE continue to:
o Pray: for our community, nation, and world, our Pathways family, and especially those serving in front-line medical work during this health crisis.
o Communicate: let us know how you are doing or how we can better serve.
o Connect: online worship, classes, RightNow Media options, and more.
o Give: online (or through the mail) and help Pathways continue to minister in these days.
o Serve: spiritual, emotional, and physical needs increase—they do not diminish—during crises; our Staff, Elders, and other leaders stand ready to help.
May God bless and guide us all — Your Pathways Staff and Elders
**Keep watching your email, our website PathwaysBC.org, and our Facebook page for more updates**