Amazing Grace Orphans and Widows Care Center
The vision of AGOWCC 2006 is purely and practically based on Christian principles and practice, with deep concern for the cause of human deprivation suffering. While AGOWCC’s immediate goal is to care for the widows and orphans living at the center, AGOWCC also aims to develop economic and social institutions that will enable individuals, families and groups for fully exploit their potentials and talents based on Biblical principle of FRUITION Ref: JOHN 15:16 – 18. The objectives are:
- Promoting spiritual change of the individual and community
- Promoting Faith Based Organizations (F.B.O.s), church developments spiritually (evangelism pasturing) and related structural aspects of every day life particularly and especially for both Christians and non- Christians.
- Promoting sound agricultural practices by encouraging modern methods of farming with special focus on poultry, goat, sheep and cattle rearing, horticulture and floriculture.
- Promoting public health awareness and participating in the campaign against HIV/AIDS pandemic, tuberculosis, malaria and related tropical diseases.
- Promoting effective and efficient use of water resources with special focus to encouraging harvesting of rainwater and shallow well if funds are available.
- Promoting adult literacy by conducting adult education, training and further encouraging the use of the community based library services.
- Providing guidance and counseling services, voluntary counseling and testing (VCT) to members of the society especially for the drug addicts, alcoholics, family dispute cases, youth related problems.
- Supporting HIV/AIDS victims, orphans, widows and widowers materially, socially and financially where possible.
- Creating a force for debate and research on matters pertaining to cultural and social issues with a view to enhancing positive behavioral change for a wider community groups.
- Promoting agro forestry and forestation by providing tree nursery and participating (organizing and implementing) tree planting campaigns.